CT cardiac exams provide critical information to practitioners of cardiac therapy. Precise information pertaining to the left atrium's complex anatomy, the pulmonary veins, the coronary sinus, or the cardiac veins has a major impact on the efficacy of subsequent cardiac therapy: It can speed procedures and facilitate treatment. But analyzing and reporting the wealth of information CT cardiac studies provides can be time consuming. A program that automates many routine functions and gives you tools to easily quantify and qualify many aspects of cardiac function would streamline your workflow and give you greater diagnostic confidence.
CardEP is integrated post processing image analysis software for the application of cardiovascular and electrophysiology imaging on the AW Workstation. With it, you can process display, reformat, and analyze 2D or 3D cardiac ST images for qualitative or quantitative assessment of heart anatomy and pulmonary veins from single or multiple cardiac phase image data sets.
- Lets you visualize the anatomical layout of the left atrium and pulmonary vessels.
- Lets you visualize the origins of the pulmonary vessels.
- Facilitates heart segmentation.
- Helps you visualize and quantify cardiac venous pathways.
- Offers you a variety of 2D, 3D, or reformatted protocols with which to perform image analysis.
Features CardEP offers a variety of features that give you image analysis flexibility:
- Volume render 3D heart and chamber views.
- Obtain segmented 3D views of the left atrium and pulmonary veins.
- View hollow 3D VR heart.
- Measure the pulmonary veins and left atrial appendage with predefined protocols.
- Render and display 2D/3D views of the left chambers in single or multiple phases of the cardiac cycle with one-touch automatic extraction.
- Reformat standard axial CT images of single or multiple cardiac phases into short or long axis and save the image series for further analysis.
- Automatically track, extract, and display pulmonary veins with the pulmonary vessel analysis tool
- Generate pulmonary vein measurements.
- Automatically track, extract, and display coronary sinus and cardiac veins with the coronary sinus analysis tool.
- Perform one-touch standard 2D reformation and 3D volume rendering, including hollow view, of cardiac anatomy with optimized AW Volume Viewer and 3D rendering tools.
- Register images from different cardiac phases into a unique data set that you can save as a 3D object or use for further analysis.
- Use predefined navigator views of the pulmonary veins to get a fly-through perspective of the vessels.
CardEP accepts standard cardiac gated CT image sets acquired on qualified GE MDCT or EBT scanners. Images must meet the same image requirements as those for the basic Volume Viewer application.
CardEP can be installed on an AW Workstation with AW Basic Display and Volume Viewer resident.
- AW Workstation 4.1 or higher with either of these recommended options:
- Codonics NP 1660M printer
- Kodak 3600 DMI printer
- Color landscape monitor
CardEP is a post-processing software option for the AW Workstation Platform. The product can be used for the analysis of CT angiography images for the assessment of the heart to include the atria, pulmonary veins and coronary sinus. It provides quantitative analysis tools which include a number of display, measurement and model export capabilities.