Recent studies show that early detection of colonic polyps can reduce the rate of colon cancer mortality. But traditional colonoscopy procedures are time consuming and unpleasant for the patient. Traditional CT exams involve patient preparation to remove fecal matter from the bowels or tagging fecal matter to differentiate it from anatomy; still time-consuming and hard on the patient. Making colon examination less costly, less time consuming, and more patient friendly facilitates early colorectal cancer detection. CTC is a non-invasive alternative to optical colonoscopy.
Colon VCAR gives you an efficient reading workflow solution for detecting colonic lesions. The program allows you to read and problem solve in 2D, 3D, or 360 degree dissection views. With it you can visualize anatomy that would otherwise be obscured by tagged fluid. Also, the program lets you generate a clear, concise clinical report specifically designed to communicate vital medical information to referring clinicians and patients.
- Synchronized prone/supine fly through.
- Ability to track the entire colon from the rectum to cecum for a thorough examination.
- Improved reading productivity.
- Electronic Cleansing for visualization of anatomy that would otherwise be hidden behind tagged fluid.
- Quick and easy to use polyp and center-line Measurement Tools for complete reporting.
- Electronic Cleansing subtracts tagged stool and fluid, making it easier to identify lesions.
- User interface streamlines your workflow and reduces reading time.
- Prone and supine views can be manually synchronized for simultaneous viewing.
- 360-degree dissection shows internal wall of the large bowel in both prone and supine positions.
- Joystick navigation lets you adjust speed and direction of flythrough via the mouse.
- Virtual biopsy tool aids problem solving in 3D views with color-coded or black/white scales.
- Small bowel extraction lets you segment the small intestine from the large intestine for unobstructed viewing.
- Automatic high resolution flythrough enhances operational simplicity.
Colon VCAR is a CT image analysis software package which allows the visualization of 2D and 3D medical image data of the colon derived from DICOM 3.0 compliant CT scans for the purpose of screening of a colon to detect polyps, masses, cancers, and other lesions. It provides functionality for 2D/3D rendering, bookmarking of suspected lesions, synchronized viewing of the 2D, 3D and 360 dissection views, and an object oriented endoluminal display. In comparison to Colonoscopy, this tool has an advantage of depth penetration due to its 3D- presentation capability. It is intended for use by Radiologists, Clinicians, and referring Physicians to process, render, review, archive, print and distribute colon image studies.
Advantage CTC Pro 3D EC DatasheetDownload