DoseWatch ™ is a enterprise-wide dose management solution designed to automatically collect and analyze patient radiation and iodine exposure across multi-facility, multi-modality, and multi-vendor imaging environments.1
DoseWatch enables health care professionals to monitor the radiation exposure and contrast1 media injection dose of their patients, evaluate their practices and make improvements so that the right dose is used to provide the best patient outcome.
Drive Awareness Across Modalities & Devices with cumulative dose tracking. DoseWatch works across health systems to assess radiation dose delivered to patients undergoing a variety of imaging procedures.
Optimize Performance with analytics tools to find the right balance between image quality and dose. DoseWatch can help your facility improve patient care by helping to track, monitor, and analyze dosage patients received.
Enable Compliance with reporting capabilities for radiation safety personnel , internal stakeholders, patients, external governing bodies, and regulatory authorities.
1. Contrast Data Mgmt. module collects contrast data automatically for class 4 integrated injectors for GE Healthcare CT scanners only and is available for manual entry for other modalities connected to DoseWatch with the Contrast Data Management Module. Dose tracking for Nuclear Medicine is available for PET, PET/CT for single injection procedures only.
Analyze Radiation Dose Data Across All Modalities, Regardless of Manufacturer
- Tracking and archiving of dosimetry data including CT, mammography, Interventional and Cardiovascular, Surgical/Mobile C-arms, and Radiography.
- Compatibility with DICOM SR & DICOM MPPS messages, DICOM image header solution for non-MSSP/SR DICOM CT exams, Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to extract relevant information from dose report images, and hybrid connection options to maximize data collection.
Help identify and Alleviate the Causes of Dose Outliers to Decrease Variability
- Alert notification system when dose levels exceed predefined thresholds.
- Dose comparison analysis to compare study dose metrics for all modalities, stratifying by site, device, study description, period and patient age range.
- Compare performance against national and local Diagnostic Reference Levels (DRLs).
Shift Overall Dose Exposures in your organization With Standards-Based Metrics
DoseWatch includes a variety of embedded analysis and optimization capabilities, including:
- Capture of acquisition information and dose indices at a level of detail not possible before, providing visibility into each interventional and cardiovascular procedure.
- Quality review with IsoCenter Shift and mA Modulation, allowing users to understand how the dosimetrist performed each exam.
- Size-Specific Dose Estimate (SSDE) (CT) - DoseWatch automatically evaluates the SSDE following AAPM Task Group Report 204 version. The SSDE is a metric developed by the AAPM (American Association of Physicists in Medicine) to evaluate dose according to patient size.
- Standardization of study description names through RadLex mapping; harmonization of RIS and DoseWatch data through HL7 integration; and automated inclusion of dose information in the RIS / EMR.
DoseWatch with Contrast Data Management helps provide:
- Notifications on clinical context and cumulative dose of iodine (risk factors, prior adverse events)
- Automatic tracking for GE Healthcare CT scanners with class 4 integrated injectors
- Injection details (contrast media, volume, injection protocol)
- Clinical context (risk factors, prior adverse events)
- Cumulative quantity of administered iodine in patient history
- Track patient historical data (radiation, iodine dose, contrast media adverse events)
- Enhance visibility of contrast media utilizations across CT suites, sites and teams
- Manage contrast media data to enhance usage and protocols across your practice
DoseWatch complies to the IHE Radiation Exposure Monitoring (REM) dose consumer (for collecting dose information) and dose reporter profiles (for publishing dose reports in national/regional registries, e.g. the ACR DIR). DoseWatch is an ACR (American College of Radiology) DIR (Dose Index Registry) Certified Software Partner.
DoseWatch Optimization Services
Be confident in onsite support from a Clinical Applications Specialist
GE Healthcare provides a dedicated Clinical Applications Specialist to provide onsite DoseWatch training. The Clinical Applications Specialist will work directly with the user(s) to:
- Review historical dose data
- Outline and review all dosimetry protocols
- Identify opportunities to standardize and adjust protocols
- Identify opportunities to reduce medical radiation exposure and improve image quality
- Review ALARA principles
GE Healthcare has an Information Technology (ITPS) organization to support the entire DoseWatch implementation.
Your dedicated project manager will provide project planning, system installation, modality device integration, information system integration, training and more.
Our Commitment To You
DoseWatch is a unique dose management software developed by medical physicists for a major imaging OEM, providing deep domain expertise in dose optimization, clinical education and low-dose technologies. At GE Healthcare, we never stop working to improve the medical imaging process . We’re constantly working to find new ways to maximize image quality, and minimize radiation exposure.
Engineering technology to minimize medical radiation exposure is an important part of our work, but the education and training we offer medical professionals and patients on managing medical radiation exposure are equally important. GE Healthcare is committed to sustained change, improving operational performance and transforming clinical care delivery through advisory services, technology and analytics.
DoseWatch Product BrochureDownload
DoseWatch Sell SheetDownload
DoseWatch Contrast Data Mgmt.Download
Cullman Regional Medical Center Case StudyDownload
University of Washington Medical Center Combines Technique and Technology to Reduce Radiation DoseDownload
Saint Joseph's Imaging Department Case StudyDownload
Protocol Management in Computed TomographyDownload
Radiation Dose in Interventional RadiologyDownload
Gathering Radiation Dose DataDownload