Cardiovascular disease remains one of the most common health issues in the world today. As with many conditions, early detection and patient risk assessment are vital to preventing or minimizing long-term negative effects. But many cases of this disease aren't diagnosed until the patient presents with symptoms. Conventional procedures to assess risk can be expensive, time consuming, and uncomfortable. An accessible, patient-friendly risk assessment method could help clinicians devise a regimen for their patients that might lessen the chance for serious cardiac events.
SmartScore 4.0 is designed to identify the presence of regional and global coronary artery calcification from a CT scan, then measure and score the results. Scores can be calculated using a standard Agatston/Janowitz (AJ) method. When correlated with a patient's personal information, the score can yield an estimation of a patients risk for coronary artery disease.
- Non-invasive alternative to conventional assessment procedures.
- Score can be correlated to age group cohort to determine patient's risk per population.
- Provides information on coronary artery wall calcium plaque buildup.
- Automatically detects calcium and highlights it in green.
- Streamlines workflow by networking patient demographics from CT scanner directly to SmartScore program.
- Free Hand Trace lets you outline specific ROIs.
- AJ 130 scoring method uses conventional Agatston/Janowitz technique with a threshold of 130 HU which is adjusted to the appropriate image slice thickness.
- Volume scoring calculates volumes (mm3) of calcified plaque above the 130 HU threshold.
- Mass scoring calculates mass (mg) of calcified plaque above the 130 HU threshold.
- Individual and aggregate scores are computed for each artery type.
- Provides two methods of calcium scoring.
- Customizable parameters can be predefined based on your site’s preferences.
- User interface streamlines your workflow and reduces reading time.
- Report options allow you to custom tailor your reports and distribute them in a variety of formats.
SmartScore is a non-invasive software option that can be used to evaluate calcified plaques in the coronary arteries, which may be a risk factor for coronary artery disease. SmartScore may be used to monitor the progression/regression of calcium in coronary arteries over time, which may aid in the prognosis of cardiac disease.
SmartScore 4.0 DatasheetDownload
Find More Imaging Software by Modality
CT Advanced Visualization
MR Advanced Visualization
PET Advanced Visualization
RT Advanced Visualization
Find More Imaging Software by Clinical Area
Cardiology Advanced Visualization
Interventional Advanced Visualization
Neurology Advanced Visualization
Oncology Advanced Visualization
Vascular Advanced Visualization