Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), which encompasses chronic bronchitis and emphysema, impedes normal breathing. Chronic bronchitis inflames and scars the bronchial tubes and, over time, can thicken the airway wall and restrict normal airflow. Emphysema destroys lung tissue, particularly the alveoli, impeding the normal exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood. Making quantitative measurements of COPD's extent can help referring physicians and patients develop better regimens for managing this condition.
Thoracic VCAR gives you the ability to make quantitative measurements of the lungs to aid in the diagnosis of lung disease. The application blends automated lung and airway segmentation with basic review and advanced lung tissue analysis. Using Thoracic VCAR you can generate a clear, concise report that communicates vital medical information to referring physicians and patients.
- Visually indicates location of condition for specific discussion of diagnosis and prognosis.
- One-click basic 2D review of wall thickness. Shows inner and outer contours.
- Automated segmentation of lungs and airways.
- One-touch 3D airway tracking.
- Automated measurements of wall thickness for intuitive airway analysis.
- Lobe segmentation and visualization.
- Application-specific tools that facilitate analysis of the anatomy and potential diseases.
- Fast, interactive electronic patient reporting.
- Basic review provides an overall view of the lungs immediately after application launch.
- Parenchyma analysis tool automatically segments lungs and airways.
- Lobe segmentation provides measurements related to the individual lung lobes.
- Airway analysis automatically segments and tracks the airways and displays the results for analysis.
- Selected airways can be further visualized in lumen view, providing you with additional measurements.
- Compare mode allows you to load two exams for disease progress comparison.
Thoracic VCAR is an image analysis software package for AW Workstation. It can be used in conjunction with CT lung images to aid in the assessment of thoracic disease diagnosis and management. The software provides automatic segmentation of the lungs and automatic segmentation and tracking of the airway tree. The software provides quantification of Hounsfield Units and a color-coded display of the thresholds within a segmented region.
Thoracic VCAR DatasheetDownload
Find More Imaging Software by Modality
CT Advanced Visualization
MR Advanced Visualization
PET Advanced Visualization
RT Advanced Visualization