GoldSeal DPX Bravo
Compact design with tools for essential bone health assessment
Space restrictions in hospitals or private offices exclude many physicians from performing central bone density measurements for accurate osteoporosis and fracture-risk assessment. The DPX* Bravo overcomes that obstacle by offering you proven dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA) technology in a small, space-saving footprint. It also provides you with essential, bone densitometry applications, such as AP spine, dual femur and forearm. Furthermore, it features the WHO FRAX fracture-risk assessment tool, which allows you to accurately predict the 10-year probability of a patient suffering a major fracture.
Learn more with our GoldSeal brochure.
A GoldSeal DPX Bravo offers your practice the following benefits:
When you can’t afford to give up an exam room
A small footprint makes the DPX Bravo a good fit for space-restricted offices and hospital rooms. A swing arm allows easy access for your patients, and enables you to use the table for other exam purposes.
Proven osteoporosis assessment
The DPX Bravo provides you with proven tools for basic bone health assessment. Independent studies1,2,3 show that the DPX Bravo densitometer produces results with little precision error—a key to quickly detecting small changes in bone. This helps you confidently and efficiently diagnose osteoporosis and assess fracture risk.REFERENCES
- L Del Rio, S Di Gregorio, J Rosales (2004). Performance evaluation of a compact DXA system: the Lunar Bravo. Osteoporos Int 15 (Suppl 1): S45. MC Schoeller, C Simonelli (2004). Precision and accuracy of the Bravo, a compact bone densitometer. J Clin Densitom 7:229
- SB Broy, LG Jankowsi (2003). Performance evaluation of a new DXA system: the Lunar Bravo. J Bone Miner Res Vol. 18 (Suppl 2): S316
- RH Nord, HS Barden, S Krepanith, KG Faulkner. 2003 Precision and accuracy of the GE Lunar DPX Bravo bone densitometer. J Bone Miner Res Vol. 18 (Suppl 2): S204.
The DPX Bravo technology is backed by the following features:
In-office osteoporosis testing requiring minimal operating space
- Small footprint-74 inches (1.86 meters) long by 34 inches (0.86 meters) wide
- Swing arm providing easy access for your patients, becoming an examination table for regular patient visits
The osteoporosis assessment tools you need
- OneScan: Performs AP Spine and DualFemur exams without requiring patient repositioning between scans
- DualFemur: Automatically scans both femurs in one seamless acquisition-without patient repositioning
- ScanCheck: Automatically identifies potential acquisition and analysis errors
- FRAX: Fracture risk assessment from the World Health Organization
- Extensive reference data: With more than 12,000 USA/Northern European subjects, as well as NHANES and numerous regional databases
View scanner dimensions, software features, minimum room dimensions, and other detailed specifications.
Download the DPX Bravo Brochure (PDF).
GE GoldSeal systems offer you value and quality and a smart use of precious healthcare resources:
- Selective process: Stringent selection standards ensure that only those systems with well-known and acceptable service histories qualify for GoldSeal.
- Quality: Refurbishing completed by OEM factory-trained technicians who ensure all OEM specifications are met.
- Same-as-new warranty: Same one-year warranty as on new systems; service contracts available.
- Service/support: Online assistance with questions, local service.
- Up-to-date technology: Refurbishing includes installation of latest possible software release and original OEM parts.
- Training: Operation and application training available, with optional CE Tech training credits available.