AW Server Description
The AW Server is a portal to a portfolio of robust, easy-to-use clinical applications to streamline image post-processing and synergize the major imaging modalities: CT, MR, PET, SPECT, and Interventional. The AW Server converts virtually any PC, laptop, or PACS desktop into a 2D, 3D, and 4D post-processing workstation. The system lets you remotely review and share images in real time, enabling collaboration with internal clinicians and referring physicians.
The AW Server helps build seamless clinical workflows that can reduce unnecessary and repetitive tasks, facilitating greater efficiency to your department.
Installation is divided into these three main steps:
- Pre install
- Focused site readiness planning.
- Early discussion of your IT department involvement in the project to avoid future challenges. Keeping your IT department up-to-date on equipment delivery and installation schedule.
- To reduce your internal resource challenges, a GE network specialist can visit your site to test the network.1
- GE defines a single point of contact to facilitate communication throughout the entire project.
- GE coordinates the hardware installation.
- GE coordinates software and network configuration.
- Change management is overseen by experienced GE IT professionals to avoid adding another project to your IT department's to-do list.
- Install multiple clients to access applications on the server based on your request.
- GE tests the completed installation to ensure that all requirements have been met and that your system functions as specified
- GE trains you and your staff in system operation & applications to ensure that you are able to use the AW Server system to its maximum capability.
- E-learning and Distributed Teaching are used to enhance the overall learning experience.
1. Some additional catalogs items may be required for onsite network support. Any hardware changes recommended by the network team are a responsibility of the customer.
As part of the Pre install step, GE will meet with you and your IT department staff to determine basic infrastructure, network, PC, and security requirements your facility. ‘Site requirement checklist’ available upon request.