Previously, protocol teams needed to manually update each device using a USB drive, resulting in inconsistency, patient risks, and costly inefficiencies.
Complying with the wide range of industry, state, and federal accreditations can be highly burdensome without a convenient tool for establishing consistency and traceability across the enterprise.
With budgets always under strain, managing and updating protocols can become a significant financial stressor. In fact, the average cost for optimizing 30 CT protocols is $42,000.1
Using out-of-date protocols can result in incorrect diagnoses, repeat visits, delays in care, and a suboptimal patient experience.
Overcome challenges. Improve outcomes.
The right protocols are automatically downloaded and monitored on every device every day, providing greater transparency and accelerating the accreditation process, and helping to ensure compliance with regulators and payer reimbursement requirements.
- American College of Radiology mandates annual protocol reviews as part of CT accreditation2
- American Association of Physicists in Medicine Task Group 225 established guidelines for CT Protocol Management and Review3
- The Joint Commission accreditation requires an annual protocol review process to keep CT protocols current (82% of U.S. hospitals)4
Standardizing workflow and procedures across multiple facilities and locations reduces training time, repeat exams, and additional time spent manually managing protocols.
Optimizing protocols across an entire healthcare system’s fleet of devices now takes only hours, compared to weeks under the previous way of updating devices. Having all of your devices using the same protocols can help reduce a major source of hidden costs and inefficiencies.
An effective protocol-management process can help transform the culture of an organization, boosting morale and allowing staff to focus on patient care.
More consistent, higher-quality exams can help improve patient outcomes, giving staff greater confidence and satisfaction as they see more patients go home healthy.
Setting up and using Imaging Protocol Manager is simple.
- VIEW ADDITIONAL FEATURES
Import protocols to cloud library from CT and MR allow basic edit.
View protocols and publish them as “Standard Protocol” for the fleet of same devices.
Distribute protocols to scanners throughout the hospitals within the organization.
4. Clinical instruction
Verify positioning guidelines, contrast delivery, and technologist instructions.
5. Deviation tracking
Track and monitor protocol deviation between device and standard protocols on the cloud.
Experience the ease and power of Imaging Protocol Manager
1. J Siegelman, “Design, Implementation, Benefits and Costs of a CT Radiation Dose Optimization Committee, in a Medium Sized Community Hospital System”, Published JACR 2013
2. ACR: https://www.acr.org/Education/Education-Catalog/Products/8336734
3. AAPM Medical Physics Practice Guideline 1.a: CT Protocol Management and Review Practice Guideline, Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics, 14(5), 2013