Current imaging challenges in interventional procedures
When a patient is having a heart attack or stroke, seconds matter. Waste time optimizing manual x-ray parameters and irreplaceable tissue may die.
- Interventionalists require high image quality and expect dose to be ALARA.**
- Dose optimization is a complex and tedious task. Most dose reduction features need to be manually adjusted many times during the procedure.
- The learning curve to optimize image quality and dose during a procedure can take years and can be easily lost with radiographer turnover.
- Scientific publications demonstrate that there is an important variability of dose levels for similar procedures and similar patient conditions whereas systems can be very recent and embed technologies to help reduce x-ray dose.
X-ray dose levels depend mostly on operators and their ability to use all dose reduction features, in real time, all the time. Dose levels can vary significantly from one site to another. They depend on several factors including operators’ expertise.
** As Low As Reasonably Achievable
AutoRight¹: 1st intelligent image chain²
- AutoRight refers to intelligent image chain features of GEHC’s Interventional x-ray systems, from image acquisition to image processing and display, available on Innova IGS 5, Innova IGS 6, Discovery IGS 7 and Discovery IGS 7 OR
- Based on competitive research, among major players in interventional imaging
- de Ruiter et al. Meta-analysis of cumulative radiation duration and dose during EVAR using mobile, fixed, or Fixed/3D fusion C-Arms. J Endovasc Ther (2016).
- Except when system limits are reached
- Source-to-image distance optimization (InnovaSense) is an option available on Innova IGS 5 (IGS 520 and IGS 530 configurations), Innova IGS 6, Discovery IGS 7 (IGS 730 configuration) and Discovery IGS 7 OR (IGS 730 OR configuration)
- myIQ is a customization of image display available on Innova IGS 5, Innova IGS 6, Discovery IGS 7 & Discovery IGS 7 OR. Refer to your sales representative. System is delivered with default settings. Customization requires a GE Healthcare representative
Product may not be available in all countries and regions and cannot be placed on the market or put into service until it has been made to comply with all required regulatory authorizations. Refer to your sales representative for more information.