CT for Emergency
Why CT for EMERGENCY
In recent years, CT-scan has become an important diagnostic imaging modality for patient management in Emergency Department (ED). In response at this development, GE Healthcare has designed scanners with high flexibility, speed and accuracy diagnostic capabilities enabling doctors to deliver a fast therapeutic strategy.
What are the specific needs in the Emergency Department
In the Emergency Department, patients come in with various sorts of diseases, like chest pains, multiple fractures, hemorrhages or ischemia, that need to be quickly imaged, rapidly diagnosed and routed towards the right departments for the most serious cases. Depending on pathologies, the challenges can be different and specific for each indication.
Discover how University Hospital Donostia and
Jena University Hospital improved their ED practices
Jena University hospital in Germany that upgraded their emergency department (ED) with a Revolution™ CT and ASiR-V™1, GE's blended Iterative Reconstruction algorithm. Empowered by these technologies, the clinic has created a new set of clinical protocols called "the Big Five" that combine stroke and chest pain management in the ED to further enhance patient care and increase clinical confidence.
Unicersity Hospital Donostia in Spain installed Revolution™ EVO and ASiR-V to increase efficiency and accuracy in CT scans while lowering dose for thousands of stroke and polytrauma patients each year.
1. In clinical practice, the use of ASiR, ASiR-V and Veo may reduce CT patient dose depending on the clinical task, patient size, anatomical location and clinical practice. A consultation with a radiologist and a physicist should be made to determine the appropriate dose to obtain diagnostic image quality for the particular clinical task. ASiR-V low contrast detectability (LCD), image noise, spatial resolution and artifact were assessed using reference factory protocols comparing ASiR-V and FBP. The LCD measured in 0.625 mm slices and tested for both head and body modes using the MITA CT IQ Phantom (CCT183, The Phantom Laboratory), using model observer method.
ASiR-V is available for Revolution EVO, HD & CT.
Performance and dose
- Quick volumetric scan with 50cm FOV.
- Up to 437 mm/s table speed with HyperDrive1.
- No need for sedation and breath holding.
- 0.23mm spatial resolution and Multi-Material Artifact Reduction to achieve high quality pan-scan with arms positioned along the body.
Reduce dose up to 82% as compared to FBP and Real-time reconstruction.
A dose management software solutions provide comprehensive data and analytics to help you:
- Improve patient care by understanding each patient's exposure, identifying sources of variability, and improving protocol and exam delivery.
- Meet regulatory and governing authority requirements for tracking and monitoring radiation dose.
- In clinical practice, the use of ASiR, ASiR-V and Veo may reduce CT patient dose depending on the clinical task, patient size, anatomical location and clinical practice. A consultation with a radiologist and a physicist should be made to determine the appropriate dose to obtain diagnostic image quality for the particular clinical task. ASiR-V low contrast detectability (LCD), image noise, spatial resolution and artifact were assessed using reference factory protocols comparing ASiR-V and FBP. The LCD measured in 0.625 mm slices and tested for both head and body modes using the MITA CT IQ Phantom (CCT183, The Phantom Laboratory), using model observer method.
ASiR-V is available for Revolution EVO, HD & CT.
Image Check provides 340x340 matrix images for confirming Axial images in real time and tracking to up to 1800mm length with less than 1 sec delay. Reconstruction time is up to 55 fps.
Direct MPR with Auto-Batch feature, affording automatic real-time direct reconstruction and transfer of fully corrected multiplanar images, in any plane.
One-Touch configurations allows you customize the presentation of images according to the individual preferences of radiologists, so that the parameters of advanced treatment, the attributes of volume rendering, multiplanar reformatting, and the sizing of images are automatically applied when the series of patients starts.
- Intuitive user Interface - Designed for infrequent users and experts & Optimized visualization space.
- Simplified workflows - Enhanced capture and recording of volumetric measurements.
- Personalized workflow optimization - One-click access to customization list of high-frequency tools.
- Dual monitor display option - AW Workstation and AW Server.
One-beat auto-gating scan setup and acquisition.
Coronary specific best phase auto-selection.
Coronary specific motion correction.
- 1-click head and neck bone removal with intelligent vessel tracking.
- Comprehensive, 1-click stenosis measurement and plaque analysis.
- 1-click dynamic CT angiography analysis.
- Extracts CT angiography data from a CT Perfusion scan to visualize contrast flow.
- 1-click CT Perfusion analysis with streamlined workflow for tissue classification.
Xtream Display provides workflow improvement by preset positioning (Default Patient Positioning) on the gantry display.
Scan a whole-body trauma without having to move most of patients on the table with 2000mm long scannable range and 306Kg patient weight capacity.
- Select the patient in one-touch.
- Position patient hands-free.
- Confirm and start scan.
- All while at the gantry, without leaving the patient.
Auto-load user configured trauma protocols.
Auto off-center direction and adjustments.
proactive DMPR ww/wl setup and image transfer.